Regulations of the Weloveshoes online store
Specifying, among others rules of concluding sales contracts through the store, containing the most important information about the Seller, the store and Consumer's rights.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
§ 1 Definitions
§ 2 Contact with the Seller
§ 3 Technical requirements
§ 4 Shopping in the store
§ 5 Payments
§ 6 Execution of the order
§ 7 The right to withdraw from the contract
§ 8 Complaints
§ 9 Personal data
§ 10 Reservations
§ 1 DEFINITIONS
Business days - days from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Account - free Store function (service provided electronically), thanks to which the Buyer can set up his individual Account in the Store.
Consumer - Consumer within the meaning of the Civil Code.
Buyers - every entity Buyers in the Store.
Regulations - these regulations.
Shop - weloveshoes online store run by the Seller at https://weloveshoes.shop
Seller - Weloveshoes LTD
§ 2 CONTACT WITH THE SELLER
1. E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
§ 3 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. For the proper functioning of the Store you need:
· A device with Internet access
2. In order to place an order in the Store, in addition to the requirements set out in paragraph 1, an active e-mail account is required.
§ 4 PURCHASES IN THE STORE
1. Prices of goods visible in the store are prices for goods, do not include VAT and CUSTOMS.
2. The Seller points out that the total price of the order consists of the price indicated in the Store: the price for the goods and, if applicable, the additional fees charged (VAT and CŁO)
3. The product selected for purchase should be added to the basket in the Store.
4. Next, the Buyer selects from the available in the Store: the method of delivery of the goods and the payment method for the order, and also provides the data necessary to complete the order.
5. The order is placed at the moment of confirming its content and acceptance of the Regulations by the Buyer.
6. Placing an order is the same as concluding a sales contract between the Buyer and the Seller.
7. The Seller shall provide the Consumer with confirmation of the conclusion of the sales contract on a durable medium at the latest at the time of delivery of the goods.
8. The Buyer may register in the Store, i.e. set up an Account in it or make purchases without registration by providing his data with every possible order.
§ 5 PAYMENTS
1. You can pay for your order by credit and debit card.
2. The order must be paid within 7 Business Days of placing the order.
§ 6 ORDER COMPLETION
1. The seller is obliged to deliver the goods without defects.
2. The term of the contract is indicated in the store.
3. The Seller will proceed to the implementation of the order after its payment.
4. In a situation where, under one order, the Buyer purchased goods with different delivery dates, the order will be processed within the deadline for the goods with the longest term.
5. Countries in whose territory the supply is effected:
· - The Republic of Poland
· - All EU countries
6. Goods purchased in the Store are sent: Via Belgium Post or Holland Post
7. Goods purchased from the Store are sent from China.
8. The delivery time is from 10 to 30 business days.
9. There is no possibility of personal collection of the ordered goods.
§ 7 RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL FROM THE AGREEMENT
1. The consumer has the right to withdraw from the contract concluded with the Seller via the Store, subject to a 14-day period without giving any reason.
2. The deadline to withdraw from the contract expires after 14 days from:
a. In which the Consumer came into possession of the goods or in which a third party other than the carrier and indicated by the Consumer became the owner of the goods.
b. In which the consumer came into possession of the last item or in which a third party, other than the carrier and indicated by the consumer, came into possession of the last of the things in the case of a contract obliging to transfer the ownership of many things that are delivered separately.
3. In order for the Consumer to exercise his right to withdraw from the contract, he must inform the Seller about his decision to withdraw from the contract by means of an unambiguous statement (for example, information sent via e-mail).
4. To meet the deadline for withdrawal from the contract, it is sufficient for the consumer to send information regarding the exercise of his right to withdraw from the contract before the deadline for withdrawal from the contract.
§ 8 COMPLAINTS
1. In the event of a defect in the goods, the Buyer has the opportunity to advertise the defective goods on the basis of the warranty or guarantee provided for in the Civil Code, if the guarantee has been granted.
2. Using the warranty, the Buyer may, under the terms and in the deadlines specified in the Civil Code:
a. Submit a price reduction statement
b. In the case of a significant defect - submit a statement on withdrawal from the contract
c. Require replacement of items free from defects
d. Request removal of the defect
3. The seller asks for a complaint based on the electronic address email@example.com
4. If it turns out that for the complaint to be processed, it is necessary to deliver the advertised goods to the Seller, the Buyer is obliged to deliver this product.
5. Complaints regarding the operation of the Store should be directed to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Consideration of the complaint by the Seller shall take place within 14 days.
§ 9 PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. The administrator of personal data provided by the Buyer when using the Store is the Seller.
§ 10 DISCLAIMERS
1. The delivery by the Buyer of unlawful content is prohibited.
2. Each order placed in the Store is a separate sales contract and requires separate acceptance of the regulations. The contract is concluded on time and for the purpose of the contract.
3. Contracts concluded under these Regulations shall be concluded in the Polish language.
4. Nothing in these regulations excludes or limits the rights of the Consumer under the law.